Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tag You're It!

My children, like most children enjoy a good game of tag.  I have learned however that the rues have somewhat changed from when I used to play.

When I was younger you tagged someone, said "You're it!" Sometimes you even said, "No tag backs."

However my children say a few more things at times, and it can be a mouthful.  If they know they are getting close to the end of the game is when they normally add these other things.  So sometimes I will be tagged and hear, "Tag.  You're it.  No tag backs.  I quit.  No recalls."  Apparently that means that I am it, that child has quit the game of tag, and nobody can start the game over - unless all have quit and are ready to start it over.

We will play tag as we run up the driveway, or even sitting int he car.

The other day, North decided the grocery store was a good time to play.  He was a little wild at the store, so Cody put him in the seat in the cart.  He normally does not like to sit in the seat, but this time he made the best of it.  He started playing tag with his dad.  Cody soon involved the girls in the game, but running away was not allowed, so it was a lot of "Tag, you're it. No tag backs." Being said.

Well, Cody tagged a gentleman in the store and said "You're it."  Then started walking away.  North looked at his dad with a look that said, "You can do that?" The other gentleman started walking down the aisle as well, and Cody said, "Uh oh North, he's going to get you."  Then the guy started walking faster to catch up and as he passed Cody and North, he tagged North and said, "You're it."

Then they got into the checkout line and as they getting ready to leave North tagged the bagger who then tagged North back and it went between the girls, North, and the checker.  As they left, North turned back to the checker and said, "Ha ha Jason, you can't get me now."

He makes me smile.

3 comments:

Misty said...

I love it!

Dawn said...

This totally made me laugh out loud. I think I was on the phone with dad while I was reading this, and I read it to him. It was funny.

Loralee White said...

That made my day! Cute family! We miss you guys!