Wednesday night, the kids and I got on the ferry in Ketchikan to go to Prince Rupert to head down to Washington. The van needs some warranty work done and there is not a Toyota dealership on our island. So after getting the run around by Toyota in trying to get it done in Ketchikan, we decided the kids and I would take a vacation for the rest of the summer.
We got off the ferry Thursday morning at about 5:00, and were through customs and startyed driving about 6:00am. We drove all day with only a few stops for bathroom breaks, gas, and food. Cody had stocked us up on snacks for the trip. We finally stopped about 9:30 pm in a little town called Cache Creek in Brittish Columbia. The next day we started at about 7:00am and were back in the USA by 10:00am to the delight of my children. Autumn was terribly excited to be coming back into our own country. By 1:30 we were in Seattle which was a slight problem because I had told my family I would not be getting here until late. Surprise!!! We had fun all getting together for dinner.
It will be a crazy trip, but so much fun to see all the family that we will get to see. Plus, my sister Misty finally convinced me to start a blog. So here it is. I only have a few pictures that I've taken on this trip, so the one in the header is of my children on the Seattle-Bremerton ferry. I think by the end I will be even more tired than I am now, but so happy to see everyone.
6 comments:
You go - it's kind of fun to blog...sometimes.
Have a good trip
Hey there Heather,
It's cool to travel around the country... I did it for years, and if I hadn't I never would have met the Dodge clan... and I'm so grateful that I did! Sending you all my love,
Nileen
look how good blogging is...you already have 2 (now 3) comments! We're happy to have you here. So far, so good!!!
Hi Heather
Welcome to blogdome. I look forward to being able to check in once in a while.
Todd
Yeah! I'm so excited. You will love it. It can be addicting. I was so anti-blogging, but I'm glad that I gave in.
Jaden walked into the office when I had your blog open and she said, "Huh, you have aprils password?". I said, you mean her blog. It was funny. Then she said, I miss April. So typical of Jaden.
Enjoy some shopping for me.
hahahaaaa!! blogger! Sheesh!! Don't any of ya use typepad!! LOVES, AM
Post a Comment