Cody got to go on an amazing elk hunt in Idaho with his friend Rob. It was an experience he will never forget. It was a bow hunt which meant he had to get close to the elk. He stalked to within 35 yards without the elk even knowing he was there.
Here is his elk.

6 comments:
MIKE says, "that freaker, that is sick!!" He wants to know how much it cost to shoot that bad boy!!
phil's also impressed! =) that would feed our family for the next 3 years!
fun to read about the rest of your trip too!
Wowie, Michael is officially drooling, and my boss is totally impressed. It is huge.
Holy Cow - I mean Moose - I mean ELK!
O.K. so I looked at the pictures before I read the post - HOW MANY ARROWS DID IT TAKE TO PUT THAT BEAST DOWN?
So I believe it took 3 arrows. The first one hit him, but it was 1 1/2 feet to the right. Cody had bumped something and his sight was off. He said, he had hit him well enough, that he was going to die anyway, but decided to put a few more in to make it quicker. The second one was still 1 1/2 feet off, so by the third one he compensated enough and hit it right where he wanted.
Post a Comment