
To say April has a lot of hair is an understatement. Not only is it very long, but it is thick. She likes to wear it straight down. And it gets tangled very easily. One friend used to say that you could tell what kind of a mood she was in by how crazy her hair was.
Every morning she wakes up, and it is an ordeal to get all the Charlie Snarlies out. For a little while we would braid it before she went to bed, but most mornings she would wake up with the braids out and lots of snarls.
Today she went out and laid on the trampoline. When she came back in, she had pine needles, pine cones, little pieces of branch, and Old Man's Beard in it. It was quite funny.
She has been wanting to cut the "dead ends" off for a while, but we haven't gotten around to it. We have tried to talk her into getting it and donating it to locks of love, but I don't think she understood that she would still have some hair after donating. Her aunt Dawn cut her hair recently and donated it, and April saw the pictures, so today when she announced that she wanted to cut her hair and donate it to Locks of Love, we quickly responded and got out the scissors.
So the picture above is her before picture:
And here is her after one. It almost doesn't even look like my same April. I am sure she will find a way to have CRAZY HAIR even with it being shorter. One plus to the new hair cut, is that the bangs we were trying to grow out now just look like part of her hair.

And here is her after one. It almost doesn't even look like my same April. I am sure she will find a way to have CRAZY HAIR even with it being shorter. One plus to the new hair cut, is that the bangs we were trying to grow out now just look like part of her hair.

5 comments:
SO CUTE! Her hair was so pretty that long though, too, but I'm sure it was a beast to keep up!
I will definitely let her grow it out long again.
WAY CUTE! Way to go April!
APRIL!!!!! yay!!! I love it!!!!! it will be much easier now. :D
That's adorable! Kassie donated to Locks of Love this at the beginning of the school year. She was super excited. It was me that had the harder time with her getting her hair cut but that was the only way that I would allow it! I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment