After living here for 7 years, you'd think we've been to most common places.
Not true!
Yesterday, I ventured where I had not before - Carlanna Lake. I think Cody and some of the kids have been there on trips with the Youth or friends.
It was a beautiful day so I thought North and I would go do something between he got out of school and the girls did. We got to have an extra friend along with us, and I decided to venture to the Lake.
It's just about a ten minute hike up to the lake, but then there is also a path that goes part way around. After peeking into the water right at the lake, we decided to take the path to the end.
North and Aspen Peeking into the water.
They were looking for fish and being careful not to fall in.
(They may have been looking for Alligators. They asked on the hike up if
there were alligators in the lake and I told them they'd have to check.)

Letting me take a cute picture of them and the Lake.

North often has funny faces for pictures, so it took me a few tries to get a good one.
The path does not go right along the side of the lake. It goes next to it, but in the "woods." For a little while, North was quite worried that we were going to run into a bear. When we stared on the path he said, "We should have brought guns in case we see a bear." Luckily, we met a man who was walking the other direction so North asked him if he had seen any bears. He hadn't, so North was not worried anymore.
North and Aspen kept talking about the Jungle we were in. I told them it was a rain forest. Then they wanted to know where the monkeys were. It was a pretty fun walk.




5 comments:
look at you...discovering new lakes too. :)
I've known about the lake. I just have never taken the time to go there.
You should have told him that there were two monkeys right there with you. =D
Oh, and Caleb leaves about a half hour earlier than everyone else.
Fun! Was Cody waiting in his bear suit when you got home?! =)
lol Misty, but no.
They were wondering at the beginning of our hike if there were alligators in the lake. I told them I didn't think so, but we'd have to check. So maybe they really weren't looking for fish, but alligators.
Post a Comment