Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July



Fourth of July was fun. Here in Ketchikan we have a parking lot with booths from non-profit organizations. The youth from our Ward have a corn dog booth there. Cody got to spend a lot of time helping out at the booth, so the kids and I did the parade without him.

We started the morning with a pancake breakfast and flag raising ceremony at the church. Normally I put ribbons in my girls hair, but this time I made braided headbands. I also made April a little 4th of July dress. It was perfect weather for it too.

Autumn walked in the parade with her softball team and the rest of us enjoyed watching it and getting our fair share of candy.

By the end of the day April was becoming patriotic herself. If you look carefully you can see that the blue die from her dress was makeing her skin turn blue. Her cheeks were getting some color to them and becoming pink, and the rest of her skin was very white.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun day. What are her "pinks" that were getting some color? =D

Misty said...

man, you have been busy blogging! =) I remember you telling me about this!

Pioneer day looked like fun - especially abby's encounter with the pie!

Smart not to catch that big metal truck racing down the hill!

I'm still sad I missed the reunion, but not sad that I got to sleep in my own bed in my pregnant state! =)