Monday, June 29, 2009

I SPY...

What do you see in this picture?

1. Halloween costumes
2. Blankets
3. a doll
4. a stuffed animal
5. crayons
6. a small Book of Mormon on
7. a pair of jeans
8. Tonka trucks
9. a bag full of puppets
10. ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


A LOST SLEEPING NORTH


Now the Story:

The kids were all playing outside, and as far as we remembered, they had all come back inside. After a little while, we could not find North. We looked all over the house, and all around outside where the kids play. We called out for him and No North. This was very strange, because he is not one to wander off. Cody got on his motorcycle and rode around the block and down towards the library - places we often walk together. Still no North. We decided to call the police. (My hopes were that he started on a walk and someone found him by himself and took him to the police station, which happens to be about 3 blocks away.)

As I was giving the dispatcher his description I noticed the boots he had been wearing were on the floor as well as all his other shoes, so I was worried that my poor boy was somewhere out there without any shoes on. I finished giving her the description and then continued to look in the house - under beds, deep in closets, etc. I think I actually picked up a blanket and that was when I saw my little boy asleep in the Uniqua costume against the wall on the bed among all the costumes, blankets, and toys.

I quickly called the police station back to let them know I had found him and went outside to tell Cody - who was already being told by the policeman that was about half a house down the road.

North woke up about 10 minutes later. He had changed his clothes and gotten in the costume all by himself, climbed on the bed, covered up with a blanket and fell asleep.

It gave me quite a scare though.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am glad that he was found. That is a scary feeling thinking your child is missing.