Friday, January 15, 2010

Cute things they say

It is fun to watch the kiddos grow up. They really do say some of the cutest things. I am going to try to post some of these before I forget them.

This year North is a Sunbeam. The week before the first Sunday this year, the girls were very excitedly talking to him about how he wasn't going to be in Nursery any more and that he would be a Sunbeam. Well, this just brought tears to him. He didn't want to go to a new class. I suggested that they not talk with him about it, and it would be better. We did however, sing "Jesus wants me for a SUN-BEEP" all during the week.

Sunday morning I woke North up and started singing to him,
"Jesus wants North for a Sunbeam..." He at least didn't cry this time.

A little later in the morning he said to me,
"Mom, I am ready. Jesus wants ME to be a Sunbeep."

Another fun thing with North is that as his clothes get too small
we put them in a box and eventually send them to Tyler (my sister's little boy).

One day we were at Walmart and North saw some pajamas that he wanted.
I told him they were too small for him and he replied,
"Well we'd better get them for Tyler."
I told him that we weren't going to buy them for Tyler, and he told me,
"But we didn't give Tyler any pajamas. He needs Pajamas."

Along the same line, a few days later we were in the car going somewhere
and North randomly told me,
"When Tyler's clothes are too big for him, he needs to send them to me."

Last night as I was putting him to bed, he was not happy with me.
He wanted to watch a movie, and told me,
"If you do not let me watch a movie, then you are not part of my family."
I told him he was part of my family, but he insisted that I was not part of his anymore.
When I asked him who's family I was part of he replied,
"One of my friend's"
So I got up and left his room, and he cried and cried.
He quickly told me I could be part of his family again until we lay back down.
At that point as he held on tight around my neck he continued,
"If you don't let me watch a movie, you're not part of my family anymore."

He does make me smile.

Switching gears away from North,
One day I sent the kids with brownies for lunch.
When Autumn got home, she was emptying her lunchbox and
realized that she had not eaten her brownie. Next we heard,
"How dare myself?"
She couldn't believe that she had forgotten the brownie.


Now April, sometimes comes up with things that you wonder where they came from.
One rainy Saturday evening April said,
"I think I didn't get enough fresh air today."
We talked about how it was rainy and asked if she wanted to go stand outside
in the cold, dark, rain.
She didn't want to, but a few minutes later
she was throwing up.
I guess she needed that fresh air.

I'm sure Abby has done something, but I can't remember right now.
Maybe she'll get her own post later.

4 comments:

MANDY LOU WHO said...

How darling! We sure do miss all of those cute Davis children!! And you parents of course:)

Amber said...

YAY!!! a new blog post! North is is such a fun verbal phase, I am glad you recorded some of those and shared them :)

Loralee White said...

Cute kiddos! Being a mom is a wonderful thing! I'm glad your still part of North's family.

Dawn said...

I guess I missed this post. It is so fun to capture their words. It does make you wonder what their thoughts are.