Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A child's perspective

My sister tagged me with this a while ago and I just finally got around to doing it.  It's kind of funny to see what they have to say.  For all who may not know.  A1 is Autumn, A2 is Abby, and A3 is April.

For those of you who look at this before I get April's on, check back later.  She was sitting with us when I asked Autumn, so I didn't want to ask her right away and get the same answer she heard Autumn give.

1. What is something mom always says to you?

A1: I don’t really know ... "Yes and no", well "no" a lot.
A2: "NO"

A3: "Don't do naughty things."

2. What makes mom happy?
A1: If we get the house clean.
A2: When I do the things that you ask me.
A3: Giving her kisses.

3. What makes mom sad?
A1: I haven’t seen you sad at all really - cause you’re mostly happy all the time.
A2: When I do the things that I’m not supposed to do.
A3: When daddy dies.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
A1: Tickle me and do something funny.
A2: I don’t know... Silly Jokes.
A3: Doing silly jokes.
(I am not a big joke teller, so I am not sure where my kids are coming up with this.)

5. What was your mom like as a child?
A1: Cool.
A2: I do not know ... Silly
A3: Brown hair.

6. How old is your mom?
A1: 34
A2: You’re in the 30’s right? 34
A3: "How old are you?" ... 5

7. How tall is your mom?
A1: Like four feet - I’m almost as tall as you.
A2: I do not know ... I don’t know how tall you are.
A3: She put her hand on my head (she was sitting on my lap).  "This tall."

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
A1: Go out to dinner with your girl friends - or hang out at home. (For those who know me, this is funny because I almost never do this.)
A2: Make us clean.
A3: Work.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
A1: I’m not really sure. Clean the house.
A2: Do your stuff that you have to do. Like working on your math problems.
A3: Clean our messes.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
A1: For being the best mom in the world.
A2: I do not know..... A runway model.
A3: For being good at playing with somebody like me.

11. What is your mom really good at?
A1: You are really good at being a mom and caring for us.
A2: Soccer
A3: Working on this computer.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
A1: Trying to do a hundred things at once.
A2: Flying
A3: Playing the driving game.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
A1: Teach at the college, Pre-Algebra.
A2: Go to the college and teach math.
A3: Teach.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
A1: White rolls
A2: Spaghetti
A3: Pizza

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
A1: Cause you’re special.
A2: When you give us hugs and kisses.
A3: When you play with me.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
A1: The mom on Flinstones because she rocks.
A2: Grammy on Luney Toons
A3: (Still our mommy) Heather

17. What do you and your mom do together?
A1: Scrapbook
A2: You take us to school sometimes if we miss the bus. Go to the stores for birthday presents.
A3: Talk

18. How are you and your mom the same?
A1: We look alike.
A2: We’re girls.
A3: Having brown hair.

19. How are you and your mom different?
A1: Cause Heavenly Father made us different.
A2: Your hair is brown and my hair is brownish-yellowish.
A3: We have different skin.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
A1: Cause everyday she does stuff that shows us she loves us: We have clean clothes, she makes us dinner, stuff like that.
A2: Cause I’m your kid.
A3: Cause you play with me.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
A1: He’s cool, and I think my mom was lucky.
A2: He lets you go on trips without him.
A3: Marrying you.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
A1: I’m not really sure. ... Home, cause we’re all here.
A2: Home.
A3: To the temple.

4 comments:

Misty said...

how sweet. now, I think you would really like #21 about Cody if you let you go on trips without him AND without the kids! =)

Vicki said...

These are so cute and fun. It's neat to see how our kids perceive us.

Amber said...

Those are darling response! How much did you pay Autumn? LOL!!

Kelly said...

That was completely adorable. I really enjoyed reading the kids responses and seeing how they view things. You are an awesome mom and great friend! Love and miss you!!