Monday, October 20, 2008

Grocery Store Rantings

We have two different grocery stores in our town (ok there are three, butI really don't go to the third.) I go to the two for different things. One I really like to go to because no matter if I am alone or with my bunch of children, if I have more than one bag, the bagger will take my groceries to my car for me. The other store is a little more frustrating when it comes to this. They have car carts so my children can drive while I am shopping, but they have "Please do not remove from Store!" written on the top of them. Despite this, most of the time, even if I have a cart full of groceries and my two little children, I have to ask for help out with them. Mind you, in the bagger's spot at each register is a cart for the bagger to put your groceries in to help you out.

Today I went to the store and it was pretty bad. My cart was not filled to the brim, but I had plenty of groceries. The bagger started to bag them , and meanwhile I now had April and North inside the cart, and was struggling to keep them away from the candy display. She looks at me and asks, "Do you want your groceries in your cart?" I replied, "No, because I can't take this cart outside." She then rolls her eyes in disgust and says, "So do you want help out." I nicely smiled and said "Yes please." All the while I was thinking, "DUH, You think that I MIGHT want help out?!" So she and her disgusted look proceeded to finish bagging and put my groceries in her cart, designed for the bagger to help the customer.

I continue to struggle to keep April and North in the cart and this time the cashier tries to hand me a bag with my eggs in it. I told her, "She helping me out." And the cashier just said, "Oh, I thought you might want your eggs." "No thank you, she can have them," I replied while thinking. "I AM STURGGLING MY KIDS RIGHT NOW AND YOU WANT ME TO TAKE A BAG OF 3 DOZEN EGGS!!"

I was grateful when we were finally able to be done inside ther store and go to the car. Here is what made me think the world of my bagger though - I had about twice as many bags as needed.

Bags 1 & 2 : I gallon of milk each (Okay, but generally my milk doesn't go in bags)
Bags 3, 4, 5, & 6: Each containing one carton of orange juice (2 cartons easily fit)
Bag 7: One bottle of salad dressing - normal sized.
Bag 8: Two bags of frozen vegetables - not big bags.
Bag 9: Two cans of pineapple.
Bag 10: Two things of bacon.

I think I normally would have gotten all of this in 3 bags - or five if the milk was put in bags.

I no nobody probably cares, but I felt the need to rant.

4 comments:

Misty said...

I've often wondered (lately) "what has happened to customer service

Amber said...

ah come one--you could have taken the eggs. NO PROBLEM!

Amber said...

gotta move to TX for service! they ROCK at grocery stores. (at least the one I went to. :))

Dawson H. said...

UGH! I feel your pain. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when they are strapped safely in their carseats and you are en route home! I have actually been known to leave the grocery store fighting back tears! This motherhood thing is quite an adventure! Love, Stacy