Monday, October 20, 2008

Little Poopies

           We've been working a little with North on Potty training. When he gets up in the morning we take him to the toilet and have him go potty. Then he gets to put on his rocket pants. That's the type of underwear he has. Normally I take him to the bathroom again in about 30 minutes or so. At some point in time he wants to watch TV on my bed or we have to go somewhere so he gets a diaper on again.

          Well Saturday we did the normal and he peed and then put on his rocket pants.  About an hour later Abby was in the bathroom and North went running in there.  Next I hear, "MOM, North came in here and took off his underwear."  I recalled hearing him saying potty on toilet as he was running, so I told her he wanted to use the bathroom and made her get off the toilet.  We helped him get on and he pottied on the toilet.

           He kept going on the toilet, most of the time I was took him before we head to leave to go run an errand, but when we got home he was still dry.  Finally about 1:00 pm we were leaving for a while, so I was taking hi to go potty again.  He sat and tried then said, "It's not working."  This is what he says when he doesn't have to go, but is trying.  So I took him off and was about to put his diaper on when he said, "No diaper.  Poopy on toilet."  So I put him on the toilet.
  
          He pooped, and then tried to jump off the toilet.  I was fast enough to get him to let me wipe before he jumped off. He then flushed the toilet, and I tried to put his daiper on.  "No diaper.  More poopies."  This happened three or four times.  After each poopy, he had to be wiped and flush it.  It was a little crazy and frustrating, but I was glad that I was not having to change a poopy diaper.   The funniest was when he said, "look a baby poopy."

2 comments:

Misty said...

When I went to my blog it said you updated it 3 hours ago! =)

Very cute stories. I love the, "Look a baby poopy!"

Amber said...

Misty's blog tipped me off too. :) YAY!!!! finally!

I LOVE the baby poopies story!